Fragrant and sweet, this easy-to-make scrub will leave you feeling fresh and fruity.
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! Whether you want to feel extra special for your date, or if you’re single and just want to treat yourself, this grapefruit body scrub is perfect. And easy too!
You’ll only need three ingredients for this DIY; pink sea salt, coconut oil, and grapefruit essential oil. If you don’t have pink sea salt you can use white or brown sugar, as it will give you the same exfoliating effect. You just won’t have the same pink tint to your scrub, that’s all.
We used organic cold-pressed coconut oil for this recipe, but regular coconut oil is fine or you can use olive oil if you don’t have any. Also, feel free to mix up your scent! Instead of grapefruit, you could use rose oil, lavender oil, or cinnamon oil – get creative! You could even toss in some dried flower petals to really make this scrub romantic and luxurious.
GRAPEFRUIT BODY SCRUB
Prep Time: 5 min.
- ½ cup pink sea salt
- 1 ½ tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 drops grapefruit essential oil
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, melt your coconut oil in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Give it a good stir with a spoon to make sure that it has all melted.
- Using a whisk, mix together your salt, melted coconut oil, and essential oil.
- Transfer your scrub into a jar for later use, or use immediately. To use, simply apply the scrub to wet skin and rub in circular motions. Rinse the scrub off with water.
If you don’t have pink salt feel free to use white or brown sugar instead. Note that you won’t achieve the same pink tint though using sugar.
If you don’t have coconut oil you can use olive oil.
You can use other essential oils, such as rose or lavender if you do not like grapefruit.